News & Events
KW Musical Productions is proud to present
Shrek the Musical
Directed by David Atkins, Music Direction by Michael Brown
CALL for AUDITIONS
Shrek the Musical
“Once upon a time, there was a little ogre named Shrek…” And thus begins the tale of an unlikely hero who finds himself on a life-changing journey alongside a wisecracking Donkey and a feisty princess who resists her rescue. Throw in a short-tempered bad guy, a cookie with an attitude, and over a dozen other fairy tale misfits, and you’ve got the kind of mess that calls for a real hero. Luckily, there’s one on hand…and his name is Shrek. Based on the Oscar-winning DreamWorks Animation film, Shrek the Musical is the Tony Award®-winner which brings all the beloved characters you know to life on stage and shows there’s more to the story than meets the ears. Featuring instant classics: “Big, Bright, Beautiful World,” “I’m a Believer” and more, it’s sure to delight audiences of all ages!
New this year: video auditions!
We want you to show us the best you can do, so send us one or two links to videos posted online that highlight your vocal talents. You may film and upload a new video for the audition, or you may use an existing video, if you prefer. Choose something you are proud of!
The best option is to upload a video to YouTube:
- If you don’t already have a YouTube account, you can create one for free
- Then, record a video using your smart phone or video camera
- Upload your video to YouTube
- Set your video to either “unlisted” or public. Unlisted will mean that only people with the link will be able to view it
Another option is to upload a video to a file sharing service like Dropbox or Google Drive, and then share the link with us. Please make sure the permissions are set properly on the video so that we can view it.
We are looking for approximately 90 seconds of video in total. If your video is posted on YouTube, you can copy a link to a particular section of the video by right-clicking the time bar below the video and selecting “Copy video URL at current time”.
We will not share the link to your audition video publicly, or with anyone outside of the KWMP creative team.
If you have technical difficulty uploading a video, or if you have other concerns, please contact us. We will do our best to help or to make alternate arrangements.
Do not send us your video via email — please provide only a LINK to the video.
We will be holding dance auditions open to those 14+ on June 25th from 6-8pm at the KWMP Hall. Please arrive at the hall ready to dance for 6pm.
Dancers should still fill out an audition form below, but do not need to submit a video unless they would like to be considered for a character.
Callbacks will occur during the first two weeks of July. If we wish to see you at the callbacks, we will be in touch about dates and times, and we will provide you with material that we would like you to learn for your callback.
Shrek features a diverse cast with many ensemble roles, however there are only two roles for children under 16.
You can find more information about the show, including a character breakdown here.
KWMP is a community theatre group, with a cast made of of talented amateur performers, auditions are open to non-equity members.
- Regular rehearsals will be Sundays from 1–10pm and Thursdays from 6–10pm, starting Sunday, October 15 (except for December 21, 24, 28, 31 and January 4).
- Not all cast members will be required for every rehearsal, but please let us know about any conflicts you may have to help us schedule appropriately.
- Technical rehearsals and performances are listed below. All cast members will be required for all of these dates.
- Sunday Feb 4: All day
- Monday Feb 5: 5pm–11pm
- Tuesday, Feb 6: Dress Rehearsal, 5pm–11pm
- Wednesday, Feb 7: Student Preview – 10:30am
- Thursday, Feb 8: Student Preview – 10:30am
- Thursday, Feb 8: Public Performance – 7:30pm
- Friday, Feb 9: Public Performance – 7:30pm
- Saturday, Feb 10: Public Performance (Matinée) – 2pm
- Saturday, Feb 10: Public Performance –7:30pm
- Wednesday, Feb 14: Public Performance –7:30pm
- Thursday, Feb 15: Student Preview – 10:30am
- Thursday, Feb 15: Public Performance –7:30pm
- Friday, Feb 16: Public Performance –7:30pm
- Saturday, Feb 17: Public Performance (Matinée) – 2pm
- Saturday, Feb 17: Public Performance –7:30pm
Getting Involved with KWMP
All cast members will be required to purchase a membership ($25), a script ($10) and provide a deposit toward completing 10 volunteer production hours ($100, refunded once hours are completed).
Book Your Audition Now!
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Audition videos must be submitted by June 30th
You will need your completed video audition in order to fill out this from
Comments are closed.