News & Events
Production Call: Lighting Designer for Spring Awakening
We are looking for a lighting designer for our production of Spring Awakening, this May 31–June 9 at the Conrad Centre for the Performing Arts.
Below are the details of the position. If you are interested, please click here to apply. Any questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are due by January 28, 2018.
The lighting designer collaborates with the director, and is responsible to the production manager.
- Collaborates with director on establishing a lighting design
- Collaborates with director, set, costume and properties designers on a colour palette
- Creates a lighting plot, ground and elevation plan based on the timelines that are laid out by production manager
- Creates cue sheets
- Attends production meetings
- Attends first rehearsal and presents design concept
- Attends other rehearsals as available
- Coordinates rental of additional lighting equipment
- Attends load-in, lighting hang, lighting focus, level set, dress rehearsals, etc.
- Works within a budget
- Strong visual sense
- Understanding of the interaction of colour, light and shadow in three-dimensional spaces
- Understanding of lighting equipment (lamps, lighting boards, dimmers, wiring, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong supervisory skills
- Financially responsible
Comments are closed.